Adding a good relish to a basic dish will take your meal from boring to brilliant! This recipe strays a bit from the common relish recipe, which uses pickles. Instead, you’ll enjoy more flavor by using several different peppers, including jalapeno peppers, and throwing in a couple sweet additions. The end result is the perfect blend of sweet & spicy.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s How To Make It
1. In a medium sized stock pot, sauté onions in oil until soft.
2. Add garlic and sauté another minute. Add all diced peppers and green tomato and cook for another minute.
4. Next add sugar, honey/agave syrup, cider vinegar, and salt. Bring to boil then reduce to medium heat. Cook uncovered for about 45 minutes until reduced.
5. Using an immersion blender, blend mixture for 20 to 30 seconds to thicken. Be careful as mixture will be hot! Do not puree everything until smooth. Chunks should remain!
6. Transfer mixture to canning jars. Loosely fit CLEAN and NEW lids with seals.
7. Submerge jars in a large stock pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
8. Remove jars with a canning grabber. Be careful, jars will be very hot! Set them aside on a heat tolerant surface.
Each jar should “pop” as a vacuum is created. If any jar does not pop, either re-submerge in boiling water and repeat or try another jar. For any jars that do not pop, they can be placed in the refrigerator and used.
Once jars have cooled, they are shelf stable.
And that’s it! Now you’re ready to take your meals to a delicious new level! If you’re not sure how you want to use it, try it in place of a pepper jelly, over pork tenderloin, cheeses or enchiladas. Enjoy!